Cost – £65
Asbestos Awareness Training Course UKATA Birmingham
This UKATA registered Asbestos Awareness Training Course is designed to meet and exceed the HSE’s requirements on working with asbestos and demonstrate practically how to protect your workforce.
Asbestos Awareness training is mandatory for all employees who are likely to come into contact with Asbestos. Each delegate receives a UKATA Certificate valid for 12 months on completion of the course.
The Asbestos Awareness Training Course Birmingham is held at our bespoke training centre or on your site at a time and date to suit you.
During this Asbestos Awareness Training Course staff will learn:
- The properties of asbestos and its effects on health
- The products and materials likely to contain asbestos (with images to aid detection)
- A short video appropriate to the type of work undertaken by your employees
- The potential operations that could result in asbestos exposure
- The importance of and types of preventive controls that can be used to minimise exposure
- Your managers responsibilities to protect your workforce and avoid a prosecution
- A practical demonstration of Asbestos Surveys and information on what should be included
- Information on safe work practices including control measures and protective equipment
- The use and maintenance of respiratory protective equipment
- Emergency procedures to deal correctly with an asbestos incident
Who is the Asbestos Awareness Course for?
- General Maintenance Staff.
- Electricians, Plumbers & Gas Fitters.
- Painters & Decorators.
- Construction & Demolition Workers.
- Joiners and Plasterers.
- Computing & Telecommunications Engineers.
- Heating & Ventilation Engineers.
- Architects & Building Surveyors
- Fire & Burglar Alarm Installers.
If you are unsure of which course you need or you just want some advice then please call 0121 333 5436 and ask for Matt.