Cost – £65
CAT & Genny Training
The CAT and Genny Training Course covers the use of the standard C Scope and Radiodetection ‘CAT’ (Cable Avoidance Tool) and ‘Genny’ (Signal Generator) to meet the HSG47 Health and Safety Guideline for avoiding danger from underground services. Each candidate will be instructed in the correct location techniques, methods of detection and limitations of the equipment.
During this course candidates will learn:
- Underground Services – Identification Methods
- Regulations with respect to Detecting and Tracing Underground Services
- Reasons for using locators
- Hazards arising from the use of Cable Avoidance Tools and Signal Generators and precautions which should be observed
- Identification of types and limitations of Cable Avoidance Tools and Signal Generators
- Implications of damage, handling and transporting of equipment
- Inspecting, calibration and testing of equipment
- The methods of safe use of pipe and cable location equipment, along with basic locating techniques
- Safe working practices
- Practical session where each candidate will be instructed and assessed on their ability and competence in using the CAT & Genny in the local area.
Who are CAT and Genny Training Courses for?
For anyone in an organisation who is responsible for tracing underground services prior to excavations.
How long does the CAT & Genny Training Course last?
How much does it cost?
£65 per person. Discounts available dependent on numbers.
If you are unsure of which course you need or you just want some advice then please call 0121 333 5436 and ask for Matt.