Le Breton are looking for a design manager to work for a constrcution company in Birmingham
Job Specification – Design Manager
This will be an employed role (Temp to Permanent) likely to last to the end of the Project July 2019.
There will be a requirement for the chosen Candidate to join the Unite union.
- Manage Information Flow between Subcontractors/Client, Design Team and Site Management.
- Manage Request for Information process
- Manage Technical Submissions Process
- Manage Design deliverables with subcontractor design
- Manage material sample approval process
- Liaise with building control and Planning Authority as required
- Raise any technical queries throughout the package tender process
- Assist in completion of Building Manuals and H&S files
- Attend monthly client progress meetings and offer input into Contractors report.
- Particular Specialities for Contractor Design Portions (CDP)
- Pre-cast external cladding
- Rain screen cladding
- Architectural metal wash
- Curtain walling/ windows
- Stairs and balustrades
- Design co-ordination between adjacent design packages
- M&E coordination (not essential but nice to have)