Le Breton are looking to Recruit a Senior Planner for a leading construction company in Essex
The right candidate must have the following:
- Thorough experience/ knowledge of the construction process from inception, through to completion
- Experience of delivering & planning on new build, regeneration development, refurbishment and planned maintenance projects.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to work as part of a team, liaising with staff and external parties at all levels.
- Promote department and inter department team work
- Ability to set & meet deadlines/ targets
- Application of the planning department procedures & quality management system.
- Assist with the implementation of planning best practice throughout the group/ divisions.
- Assist with the improvement of planning protocols/ procedures and the roll out of updates to enhance the quality of the planning within the business.
- Keep abreast of legislation, modern methods of construction and new types of plant available by carrying out regular CPD, and make the preconstruction team aware of alternative ways to carry out the works that could provide an edge and secure the work
- Have a professional qualification – Ideally MCIOB, MICE or similar.
- Promotes Health & Safety working and have relevant qualifications – i.e. CSCS & SMSTS
- Have knowledge of different contract procurement routes i.e. Single/ Two Stage Tendering.
- Have awareness of different forms of contract and their requirements/ duties i.e. JCT/ NCE
- Have a good standard of IT Skills in the following: Asta Powerproject, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Google Sketch Up.