Fire Marshal Training Course
The Fire Marshal Training Course covers the role of the designated fire marshal. Opportunity is also given for trainees to learn about the different types of fire extinguishers and how to use them correctly.
Fire Marshal Training Courses are essential training that will ensure that employees who are designated as a Fire Marshal understand their legal responsibilities and have the practical skills to carry out their role.
What does the course cover?
- Fire Marshals’ role
- The triangle of fire
- Common causes of fire including arson
- Spread of fire
- Prevention of fire
- Fire legislation including the Regulatory Reform (Fire Safety) Order 2005.
- Safety features within buildings
- Fire Risk Assessment
- People’s behavior in fire situations
- Discovering a fire and raising the alarm
- Fire extinguisher classification, including choosing the right extinguisher
- When not to use a fire extinguisher
- Checking fire extinguishers & alarms
- Evacuation procedure
- Action at Assembly Points
- Demonstration of a fire blanket
- Demonstration of extinguishers
The course also includes:
- Practical use of extinguishers and fire blanket
- Live hot fire training
All of our courses can be tailored to fit your business and individual needs. Our courses can be held at our bespoke training centre or at your premises.
Who are Fire Marshal Courses for?
This course will benefit all employees, particularly those that are designated as a Fire Marshal. They will be more aware of their own safety and duties within the regulatory reform (Fire Safety) order 2005.
How long does the Fire Marshal Course last?
How is the course assessed?
A multiple choice assessment paper will be given at the end of the session. Successful candidates gaining 15 or more correct answers out of 20 will be awarded a Fire Marshal certificate.
How much does it cost?
£65 per person. Discounts available dependent on numbers.
How long is the certificate valid for?
If you are unsure of which course you need or you just want some advice then please call 0121 333 5436 and ask for Matt.