Lone Working Training Courses
It will always be necessary for some people to work alone without any direct supervision. Employers have the responsibility of conducting a risk assessment on the risks of lone working, but employees also have a responsibility to take reasonable care of themselves and others who may be affected by their work.
This Lone Working Training Course teaches how to take steps to reduce personal safety risks and to improve confidence when dealing with conflict and customer aggression. After completing the course participants feel more in control, safe and confident to deal with working alone and managing conflict. This course forms a major building block in the ‘Duty of Care’ employers should practice to ensure their staff stay safe.
What does the Lone Working Course cover?
- Different risks associated with lone working
- Communication styles to defuse difficult situations
- Lone working procedures
- What personal safety measures are important?
- Safe working practices and emergency procedures
- Case studies
- Action planning
All of our courses can be tailored to fit your business and individual needs. Our Lone Working Training Courses can be held at our bespoke training centre or at your premises.
Who are Lone Working Courses for?
The course is ideal for anyone who works on their own and will help staff to:
- Recognise potentially difficult situations
- Develop techniques for defusing difficult situations
- Respond assertively in difficult situations
- Chose the right communication style to defuse difficult situations
- Develop appropriate personal safety measures
- Follow safe working practices
- Feel confident using emergency procedures
How long does the Lone Working Training Course last?
How is the course assessed?
A multiple choice assessment paper will be given at the end of the session.
How much does it cost?
£65 per person. Discounts available dependent on numbers.
How long is the certificate valid for?
If you are unsure of which course you need or you just want some advice then please call 0121 333 5436 and ask for Matt.