Paediatric First Aid Course Birmingham
This Paediatric First Aid Course is recommended by OFSTED and designed for people who look after children under the age of eight. It meets the standards for Paediatric First Aid Training for the revised Early Years Foundation Stage.
The Paediatric First Aid Training Course Birmingham can be held at our bespoke training center or your premises.
The course focuses on emergency scenarios that are faced by professionals, including teachers, au pairs and playgroup leaders, looking after young children.
It meets Ofsted requirements for registered childminders and the requirements for nannies under the Approved Carers Scheme. It can also be used as evidence for employees working towards an NVQ in Childcare and Education.
What does the Paediatric First Aid Course cover?
- Assess and prioritise a first aid incident
- Deal with an unconscious child or baby
- Control bleeding and manage shock
- Manage choking
- Incident reporting
- Treat burns and scalds
- Deal with asthma and hyperventilation
- Deal with head injuries, seizures and febrile convulsions
- Recognise and deal with fractures to upper and lower body
- Managing neck and spinal injuries,
- Deal with poisoning including anaphylactic shock
- Recognise and deal with a range of common injuries and illnesses until the arrival of the emergency services including: Foreign bodies, poisoning, electric shock, hypoglycaemia, sprains and strains, conjunctivitis, sickle cell anaemia, aches and pains, diarrhoea and vomiting, meningitis, chicken pox, measles, German measles, mumps.
All of our courses can be tailored to fit your business and individual needs. Our Paediatric First Aid Course Birmingham is held at our bespoke training centre or at your premises.
Who is Paediatric First Aid Training for?
This qualification is ideal for all staff who work with children in a childcare setting, including nurseries, day care centres and childminders.
An accredited Level 2 in Paediatric First Aid is also available. Please contact us for details.
How long does the course last?
Our Birmingham Paediatric First Aid Training Course lasts 12 hours. After completing the 12-hour course, participants will be covered immediately
How is the course assessed?
Continual assessment throughout the course by the tutor and a multiple choice assessment paper. A Paediatric First Aid certificate is issued to all who successfully show their competence.
How much does it cost?
£85 per person. Discounts available dependent on numbers.
How long is the certificate valid for?
If you are unsure of which course you need or you just want some advice then please call 0121 333 5436 and ask for Matt.